Monday 1 August 2011

New Season, New Kits

So its now 6 days until the start of the Championship season, so I thought I'd present the 6 kits from the 24 teams that I find particularly interesting.

First up is Coventry;


What I like about the Coventry kit is the 'vintage' feel of the kit, with the old style logo and the simple layout. Simple collar, simple colours, easy on the eye. I'd be happy as a Coventry fan with this home kit.

Second up is Brighton & Hove Albion, with their return to the Championship since the 2002/3 season, with their fantastic new Falmer Stadium they are certainly going to make an impression this season!

With thicker stripes and a a slicker finish to last years home kit this will look fantastic in their new stadium. I wish Brighton all the best as a fellow southerner.

Next up is Reading;
Much slicker than last seasons, looks clean and with the small collar it compliments the rest of the kit nicely (sound like Gok Wan now...).
So now for a bad one, as I they can't all be amazing, so here is Blackpool;
So the difference between last years and this years is the collar, yeah that is about it, so that's £40 please? Oh it's made by Fila, have I convinced you yet?

So from one extreme to another is Peterborough, another recently promoted team, they've changed from a solid blue kit to a smarter looking kit in my opinion, a fresh look to a new season


Last but not least is Portsmouth, my own team (had to do it);


I think this is an improvement on last years kit, as that was rushed due to financial constraints of the club, where as now we are in a stable condition to be able to do it properly. All blue with gold Kappa girls is a good improvement to the white ones last year, just a shame they are so prominent on the arms when compared to Fulham's. I'll still be buying the kit this season when it comes out on the 11th August.
Hope you've enjoyed this little blog on the kits of Championship, might do some more leading up to next weekend and the first home game against Barnet in the Carling Cup.

Dave.





No comments:

Post a Comment